WHO WE ARE:
Digital Echidna (“Echidna”) is one of the fastest-growing open-source development firms in Canada. Passionate and committed to the work we do and the people with whom we work, we believe in exceeding client expectations, completing work on schedule, supporting our community, and respecting each other's time and the need for work/life balance.
WHY WORK HERE:
We offer a results-driven but laid back, professional, supportive environment and seek talented people who understand the value of teamwork and have the drive to succeed. We offer comprehensive benefits packages; flexible work schedules; company-wide social events; sports teams and team-building experiences; support for career goals, continuing education, and personal growth; and the opportunity for travel throughout North America.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a Director of Operations to organize and oversee the day-to-day operations function for the organization.
- Support daily operations and encourage teamwork and communication between the Project Management and Account Management functions.
- Use company systems to ensure all projects are running smoothly.
- Monitor and review metrics and company systems with the goal to improve operational efficiency.
- Assist with the process of forecasting resources on projects and making decisions on competing priorities.
- Create and document policies and standards, be able to adjust procedures, and minimize risk factors in the delivery process.
- Collaborate with the management team to assess critical gaps and create a positive change.
- Develop and train employees to ensure that teams are efficient in project delivery.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/CompSci, Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership position implementing change.
- 5+ years’ experience in a project management capacity.
- A background in digital technology is an asset.
- Ability to make sound business decisions based on data and statistics.
- Ability to establish specific priorities and identify inconsistencies within the delivery process.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills to provide clear direction to team members.
- Excellent attention to detail and change management skills.
- Proficient use of spreadsheets and other reporting tools to convey operational performance to management.
- Located in Ontario, Canada.
- Meet our Core Values.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.