WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a backend developer to join our innovative development team to design and execute high quality web solutions. Your role will require you to be an effective problem-solver and team player. WARNING: You will talk and learn a lot about Drupal, to the point that you might start to dream about it at night!
- Strong focus on backend development using web related technologies.
- Develop, support, code, install, test, debug, and document scalable, high-availability websites and web applications.
- Participate in code reviews and resolve change requests.
- Stay current on browser/platform capabilities and traditional design and engineering disciplines.
- Maintain and continually expand upon expert knowledge of multiple languages, frameworks, tools, devices, applications, mobile devices and their capabilities.
- Create new custom modules when necessary to enhance Drupal features.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE:
- 3+ years of development experience with a focus on backend development.
- Minimum 2-3 year College Diploma or University Degree in Multimedia, Interactive Web Design and Development, Media Theory and Production, Computer Science or Programmer/Analyst field(s).
- Advanced PHP and MySQL skills.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Commitment to delivering high quality web projects on time.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to rapidly identify and fix bugs.
- Capability to work independently on individual project components as well as work effectively as part of a team to integrate these components into complete applications.
- Meet our Core Values.
- Ability to customize Drupal Modules (with MySQL database integration).
- Knowledge of Symfony/Codeigniter/Laravel framework.
- Ability to conduct automation testing.
- Demonstrated ability to make sites accessible (WCAG AA).
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of LDAP, SSO and Solr servers.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.