WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking to grow our team with a junior/intermediate AWS Cloud System Administrator who has experience in devops and cloud technologies in varied environments, including, but not limited to, AWS. You will be responsible for aligning work to the devops tool chain.
- Be the subject matter expert for assigned specializations.
- Publish, improve and maintain technical documentation along with processes and procedures.
- Develop tools to improve deployment, monitoring and workflow.
- Develop and monitor dashboards to detect problems related to application, infrastructure and potential security incidents.
- Install, administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems in AWS environments.
- Ensure strong security is in place at all times by completing security audits on a regular basis.
- Perform software installations, upgrades and migrations as required.
- Manage client SLAs by updating tickets and communicating with the team to resolve issues.
- Configure and maintain the monitoring and alerting systems for clients.
- Configure and monitor backup and restore processes for clients.
- Research, evaluate and implement new technologies and tools.
- Interact with Echidna team members and clients to meet demands and deadlines.
TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE:
- Minimum 2 year College Diploma or University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network and Security Architect, Programmer/Analyst field(s), or other related program.
- AWS Certifications are considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a technical support or system administrator role.
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems in public clouds such as, Azure and AWS.
- Solid knowledge of the AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, and Cloud Watch.
- Familiarity with the security process across the AWS stack.
- Experience creating CloudFormation templates.
- Understanding of key software development and DevOps tools including, but not limited to Git, Make, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, and SaltStack.
- Working knowledge troubleshooting and maintaining systems including MySQL, Oracle, Apache, LDAP, AD, and SSO solutions.
- Administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx.
- Experience with the enterprise scale cloud environments PaaS and/or SaaS.
- Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing.
- Strong technical leadership skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent problem solver who knows how to manage his/her time and prioritize work.
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team.
- Be located in London, Ontario.
Digital Echidna is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to a workplace reflecting the diversity of the community. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If contacted for an interview, please inform us if support is needed and we will work with you to meet your needs.